The calculator below simplifies the entered fraction to get the lowest possible denominator. It looks for the greatest common factor (GCF) of numerator and denominator. Both are then divided by their greatest common factor to get the smallest possible values.
Let's look at the example with numerator equals 375 and denominator equals 1000: the GCF of 375 and 1000 is 125. 375 divided by 125 equals 3, 1000 divided by 125 equals 8. The resulting simplified fraction is 3/8.
- • The Greatest Common Factor of several numbers
- • The greatest common divisor and the least common multiple of two integers
- • The Greatest Common Divisor (GCD) and the Least Common Multiple (LCM) of several numbers
- • The greatest common divisor of two integers
- • Extended polynomial Greatest Common Divisor in finite field
- • Math section ( 289 calculators )