This calculator can help you if you are looking for the answer to the questions like:
- 17 weeks in months?
- how much is 13 weeks in months?
- how long is 10 weeks in months?
- what are 28 weeks in months?
- 16 weeks is how many months?
As you can see, there are many ways to ask, but essentially it is all about converting weeks to months. I think this is what pregnant women often look for. Conversion is based on averages so that it may slip a day or several days in the case of February, etc., but I think averages are good enough for most people. For those interested, the calculation and why it can slip a day are explained below the calculator.
Weeks in months
Speaking of averages, the calculator considers a month to be 365/12=30,416667 days long.
Let's calculate 5 weeks interval using this value. 5 weeks is 35 days. 35 days is 30,416667 + 4,58333, which is 1 month and 4 days if we take the closest integer number below 4,58333.
Now let's compare this result to real-life cases:
- If we start counting from the 1st of January, 35 days is indeed 1 month 4 days
- If we start counting from the 1st of February, 35 days is 1 month 7 days (for leap year, it is 1 month 6 days)
- If we start counting from the 1st of April, 35 days is 1 month 5 days.
So, in some cases, it can slip a day because of 30/31 days in a month, and more if February is involved. But if we talk about pregnancy, probably, it doesn't matter.