After implementing the Distance through the Earth calculator, I have a thought that it makes more sense, and more fun to view distance across the surface of the Earth and distance through the Earth side-by-side and be able to compare them. So, the calculator below combines the outputs of Distance through the Earth and Distance calculator calculators and compares them. I used New York and San Francisco coordinates as default coordinates. Theory and formulas can be found at the abovementioned links.
- • Distance calculator
- • Course angles and distance between the two point on the orthodrome(great circle)
- • Distance through the Earth
- • Course angle and the distance between the two points on loxodrome (rhumb line).
- • Prospect distance from the ground and line of sight distance between two observers
- • Navigation section ( 17 calculators )